Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Normal service will resume before long

For anyone who's noticed the absence of new posts lately, well, I got a job after a few months of unemployment. Being a real world librarian has taken some of my Starfleet Library time, but I'll find a balance. And if not, well, I've got a contract job for a few months. Might have too much free time again before too long. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the job.

Oh, yeah. That new Vanguard novel, Precipice, by David Mack? More of that kickass Vanguard intensity discerning Trek fans have come to know and love, with some big developments in the ongoing story arc. Five books in, and the Vanguard series hasn't had a dud yet.

Haven't read The Sorrows of Empire yet, but it's another David Mack novel, so I won't be waiting too long. Have to finish The Panda Book of Horror first, though....

6 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Pala said...

Look forward to more posts, but in the meanwhile best of luck with work-stuff.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Thanks!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations with the job

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

Hope you liked the Panda book, Steve...

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I did, Stuart, and even though this blog is about Trek, I've been thinking of posting about some of the great Who spinoff stuff like the Iris Wildthyme books. There's no equivalent to that in the Star Trek universe, which is a shame; Iris and Benny and Faction Paradox, etc, make the Doctor Who universe a richer (and more fun) place than it would be without them.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

That answers a question I was wondering about - whether there were spin-off novels (even of a fan-fic nature) from Trek. Specifically the glorious ENTERPRISE.

I've read all the licensed ENTERPRISE novels and I'd be delighted to see some featuring the further adventures of, say, Shran. Seems like there's no such thing though :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home