Saturday, May 23, 2009

Random tidbits

The Complete Starfleet Library website was profiled by Jason Boog on mediabistro's galleycat blog a couple weeks ago. I was surprised to realize that we'd swapped emails about noir mystery writer Cornell Woolrich a few years back. Jason is obviously a man of discernment and taste.

An outfit called Premiere Collectibles is doing a fairly reasonably priced limited edition hardcover of Alan Dean Foster's movie novelization. I don't think I'll bother with it, though; I have the Pocket trade paperback already, and looking at the speakers' bureau side of Premiere's business, I don't think I want to give them any of my money. Aside from this Trek book, everything they do seems to be about pushing the right wing Republican agenda. Who the hell picked them to do this?

Yes, I have in fact ordered a copy of Shatnerquake. More info when I get it.

Ed Gross has published a revised edition of his 1991 book Trek Classic, a nonfiction look at the original series. I remember it being a pretty good book and will probably order the new edition. Tom Hultkamp's new cover art is strongly reminiscent of Mort Drucker's art for Mad Magazine. Which is not a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home