Monday, December 05, 2005

Starfleet Library update

It's hard to stay focused and excited on my ol' Trek books website when there's so little happening in the world of Star Trek books. The Pocket gang continue to produce some fine entertainment, but not as much as they used to, thanks to the schedule cutback, and I can only get so excited about reprints of comics from the 1970s and 1980s.

Anyway, I've beefed up the 2006 page with the upcoming releases I know about, and I'm wondering how much work to put in there. David Henderson's pretty much got the market for forthcoming Pocket Trek books, and I'm not really interested in competing; our sites do different things and do them differently. I'm tempted to try to get on Pocket's list for advance info, too, but right now I don't know that I'm doing enough work on the site regularly enough to want to keep it updated with new Pocket stuff. Maybe, after several years (and managing to complete most of the major tasks I wanted to get done on the site), I'm just a little burned out.

One new addition to the site, though it doesn't appear in the pull-down menus (yet), is the perennial favourite, the canon primer. It's on its own out there mainly so Google's No. 1 ranked page on Star Trek canon has an alternative. I've participated in too many canon thrashes for my own good, and I can't bring myself to read that page (not that it isn't a remarkable example of dedication).

(Now playing: Franz Ferdinand, "Outsiders," You Could Have It So Much Better.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home