Tuesday, September 28, 2004

New Complete Starfleet Library logo, tentative and subject to change



Still under construction...



I've uploaded the pages I've worked on so far. I don't know if this is the site's permanent new logo, but at least you'll know when you see it that you're on a page that's had at least some upgrading done to it. The index pages still need a fair amount of work, but they're functional.



(I wonder if that logo will fit on the screen of this page with all the stuff along the right side of the screen. We shall see.)



In other news...



Having finished the wrenching and riveting experience of reading Black Hawk Down, I went on to read Dennis Lehane's Mystic River. I've had the book a couple years and just hadn't managed to get around to it yet. I read his earlier books years ago. They were good PI stories set in Boston that were about as different from Robert B. Parker's Spenser books as they could be and still part of the same genre. Anyway, Mystic River is almost as much of a downer as Black Hawk Down, with the fact that it's only fiction being a mitigating factor. It's a long book but one you want to read in as few sittings as possible. Now I'll have to see the movie.



To cheer up a bit I read a few of the Jane's World comics that piled up unread over the last few months. It's been interesting reading it this way; you can really see the art and writing improve from issue to issue (most of them are reprinting earlier web stuff and daily comic strips). Good clean fun stuff about relationships, lesbian and otherwise.



(Now playing: The Cure, "Lament," Japanese Whispers.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home